PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE APPLICATION, THEN COMPLETE IT IN ONE SITTING (there is no Save function).
- Deadline for applications is April 12th, 2017. You will be informed of your acceptance before May 15th, 2017.
- A $50.00 non-refundable Application Fee must accompany this application. Remit by PayPal below.
Your application will not be considered until this fee is paid.
- The 27th annual Atlantic Fringe Festival will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Thursday August 31st - Sunday September 10th, 2017.
- If your show is accepted to the AFF, a separate Registration Fee will be required based on a sliding scale formula that accounts for the size of venue and number of performances.
- Only one show per application form.
- Applicants will be accepted on a first-come basis. The number of shows accepted in each performance category and the number of Atlantic Canadian, Canadian, and International shows accepted will be determined at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors.
- All international groups must pay 15% performance duty. You can apply for a waiver to Revenue Canada. This is your responsibility.
- You don't need to know your full cast at the time of application. You may list the names known in the description section. AFF strongly urges you not to share cast members with other shows. Be mindful that the prime 8PM time-slot comes around only once each night and sharing an actor with another show means your show will be 50% less likely to ever have that prime 8PM time-slot.
- The maximum duration for the running time of your show is 70 minutes in length. Also, your stated running time is your running time: AFF will allow you to exceed your stated running time by a 5-minute grace period only, and then your show will be stopped to allow the next show to start on time. We will not allow your show to delay the start of other artists' shows.
- If accepted, you will receive a 'downpayment' invoice (PayPal link) for 50% of your estimated Registration Fee. The outstanding balance of your final Registration Fee will be invoiced only after the performance schedule is finalized.
- Historically, touring shows that do not participate in our Media Launch and Opening Night usually fail to attract a significant audience. You must fully participate in the Atlantic Fringe.
- We accept "bring-your-own-venue" (BYOV) shows. In that case you supply your venue, your technical equipment, your technicians, and an onsite box office person. If you supply your own venue, your Registration Fee is a flat $100. Payment link will follow later.
Atlantic Fringe Festival will provide a venue/stage with basic sound, lighting, seating, venue technician and technical set-up time (for BYOV applications please refer to point 12 above). We provide box office management services to sell tickets and deal with audiences. You must use our ticket seller. We will place your show into the Fringe schedule, on AtlanticFringe.ca and in the official Atlantic Fringe Festival printed program, with blurb/write-up and a (small) hi-res graphic of your choice. We will return to you all box office receipts within 5 business days of the closing of the AFF. We will provide billeting when possible.
You are responsible for your own publicity, posters, advertising.
You are responsible for your own personnel/volunteers in set-up, take down, stage management, etc.
You are responsible for providing prompt and accurate information to the Festival when we request it.
**PLEASE NOTE** Please be aware that if your company is accepted into the Atlantic Fringe Festival, this application will be considered a signed agreement between you and the Festival. Performers/companies may withdraw from the Festival without penalty until April 8th, 2017. After that date, companies who withdraw will forfeit their initial $50.00 Application Fee. Companies who withdraw after June 15th forfeit their 50% registration deposit. Companies who withdraw after August 1st will be invoiced for their full registration fees. Companies who withdraw after August 15th will be charged a $150 cancelation fee.
All performing companies agree to adhere to the laws of Nova Scotia and the policies, procedures and safety restrictions of the Atlantic Fringe Festival. The Festival reserves the right to cancel any or all performances of any performing companies not adhering to these regulations.